Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Parade



When I was a senior in high school I had the opportunity of a lifetime.  My parents allowed for M and I to spend Thanksgiving in NYC apartment sitting for his uncle while he was in Paris.  Somehow my parents agreed to this.  This was my first time in the city and it was glorious. 

Thursday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn, headed to the subway in about 10 layers of clothes and found the perfect spot to watch the parade near Central Park.  It was magical and cold.  We had such a wonderful time seeing the floats & balloons pass by.  We daydreamed of having a apartment that over looked the parade route for the best view.  If you ever get a chance to go I say do it.  It is an experience you will never forget.  {I am bummed because I rarely too pictures back then.  The picture below is one of the only ones I have of our trip.}

M making our Thanksgiving dinner {turkey, stove top stuffing and instant mashed potatoes}.  Keeping it classy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!