Monday, July 18, 2011

I Survived Carmageddon Weekend!

What an anti-climatic weekend to say the least! 

I thought it would take me 2+ hours to get home. 
It took me less than 20 minutes.  

I thought the westside traffic would be awful all weekend. 
It was a ghost town.
Someone planking the 405 between Sunset and Wilshire. 
Stupid and awesome at the same time.

I am pretty proud of LA for just staying close to home this weekend to avoid a potential cluster*.  MG and I walked 10+ miles this weekend around our neighborhood.  It was so nice to not have to use a car.  My legs are killing me today, but it was totally worth it.

Friday night we walked to Cafe 50's for dinner.  Unfortunately we don't have the most amazing restaurants where we live, but it wasn't so bad.  After dinner we headed home to watch Love and Other Drugs.  Jake G is hot!  The movie was okay.


Saturday AM MG went to see HP7 with some friends.  I stayed home and caught up on the Bachelorette and cleaned out our junk drawers.  Thrilling, I know.  Later that afternoon we ran to the gym.  This was the first time we had done something like this and I loved it.  Round trip it was about 4 miles which is what we normally do.  We discovered a new park and maybe a new apartment?!  That night our favorite LA couple came over for dinner.  We chatted about babies {theirs}, careers, friends, work, it was just like old times and I loved every moment of it.




Sunday we hit the gym again, watched the Women's World Cup, took naps, ate CPK for dinner and relaxed.  Overall it was a great weekend!  I can't wait to do it all over again in 4.5 days:)  Oh and just because I am super excited, less than 6 weeks until our Cabo vacation!!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!