Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Recap

What an amazing 3-day weekend!  I can honestly say it lived up to my extremely high expectations.  It was non-stop the entire weekend which I loved!

Friday night was a chill night for us since we knew the rest of the weekend was going to be jammed packed.  We made pizza, drank wine and watched Big Love.  Do any of you watch BL?  We are on the first season and are addicted.  Nikki drives me crazy.

Saturday we hit the gym, cleaned our apartment and then headed to a BBQ in the hills. One of our friends rents a pool house with the most amazing view.  We rarely make it over to Hollywood, so it was a nice treat to hang out with great friends and watch the sunset.

Sunday we spent 6 hours at the beach.  I would love to tell you the weather was amazing and I am super tan, but that is not the case.  The marine layer never burned off so it was overcast for the entire day.  The weather didn't stop everyone from playing volleyball either.  I was a cheerleader.  I can't stand playing vball mainly because I am awful at it.  There is just something about balls flying towards my face that makes me not a fan.  I am a much better spectator than player.  Everyone had a great time and we think we found a new Sunday Funday beach spot which is awesome.  After the beach we walked over to a Merick's right off the PCH for happy hour.  It was so fun having everyone together.
The champs!

Margarita time

Last week MG asked one of our friends who has a house in Venice right off the canals to have a party.  He said we will provide the keg if he will play music and a grill.  Our friend agreed so we headed down to his place around 1 PM.  There were about 20 of us just drinking, grilling and hanging out.  The weather was amazing.  The company was great.  Everyone had a pretty spectacular time.  I am so happy everything worked out and we had an amazing holiday weekend.

Friends

My 4th of July Cake!

D reading the DOI...a July 4th tradition!

Listening along

C & A with baby MiaBella

Practicing. haha

MG practicing too

Marriage 

Best Friends

Thank you for the awesome party!!
Today my parents get in so it will be another week of wine, great conversation and being a tourist in my own city.  I can't wait!  Oh and it is also my birthday on Friday.  Lots and lots to celebrate:)
post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! That cake looks amazing! And sweet, TINY, precious baby!! So fun.

justagirlLaura said...

That all looks like so much fun! I love all the pictures!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!