Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Story of Us: How We Met

MAG and I have been together forever, like almost half of my life.  Starting today I am going through old memories about how we came to be {mainly for my sake so I have some type of record}.  This segment will be called The Story of Us.  Pictures will accompany posts soon.

It was the first day of summer after my freshman year in high school.  I was 14 years old.  Somehow I persuaded my parents to let me go to an end of school party on Saturday night {6/12/1999} with my friend Courtney.  She was friends with now seniors, who had their own cars, so naturally they picked us up.  This was my first experience hanging out with an older crowd in HS.  At the time I was nervous, but excited to be exposed to something new and different. 

I remember just before the guys came to pick us up Court showing me their yearbook pictures.  She showed me MAG.  I thought he was cute.  I asked her why he was picking us up.  She told me he had a crush on her, but she liked on of his friends Nick.  The two of them plus another friend, Jim, were the ones picking us up.  Next thing I know we are in the car.  MAG is driving, wearing a Seattle Mariners baseball cap, and I am in the back seat with his 10 year old cousin.  At the time he babysat for his aunt during the summer and opened boxes at her decorating store.  The party we were going to was in his aunt’s neighborhood so we dropped Tommy off and headed there.  

It was a strange party.  I didn’t know anyone.  Court and Nick went off somewhere.  Jim was dating the girl who was throwing it, so MAG and I sat on a lounge chair by the pool talking.  He asked if I had a bf, I told him yes. {In reality I had a crush on a guy who lived in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.  I had been down there a week prior with my other best friend, Courtney, at her grandparent’s condo.  It was nothing serious even thought at the time I wanted it to be.}  We made small talk the rest of the evening and then the group headed back to Courtney’s house and hung out.  

The next day I woke up and the first thing I thought about was MAG.  I called Court and told her we needed to hang out with him again.  On Sunday the two of us wanted to go to our church youth group so we called MAG to see if he wanted to come and drive us.  She made me call, so I did.  He ended up having a migraine and wasn’t feeling well.  Honestly I was pretty bummed out.  It was at that point that I knew I really liked him and couldn’t wait to see him again…

{Side note: At this time in my life I had two very close friends named Courtney.}

post signature

1 comment:

justagirlLaura said...

This is so cute! I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!