Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Change in Plans

Today I am having a pity party for myself, yes 4 days before Christmas.  Here is why...4 or 5 months ago along with our best friends out here decided we were going to stay in LA for Christmas.  We spent last Christmas together and had an awesome time.  Planning the holidays this year had become a little bit harder because of work schedules, job changes and projects being finished, but the four of us were still excited to celebrate together until this morning...

C&D (our friends) got a call from their aunt last night.  She was upset that they weren't going to be around for the holidays this year and then offered to fly them home on her dime!  I can only imagine the mixture of emotions they were feeling.  And to be 100% it would have been extremely hard for me to say no to that offer too.  Tomorrow night they are leaving on the red-eye.

I have such mixed emotions about this.  I am sad that they won't be here. I am sad that it will be Marco and I spending the holidays alone.  I am sad that we did have the opportunity to go home but we decided to stay.  MAG is being so upbeat about this and is doing such a great job at cheering me up.  We are thinking about going on a mini-vacation.  It is always nice to get away for a few days.  We also have an amazing NYE Party to attend-it is Mad Men themed!  Love it!

post signature

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It'll be a great Christmas, Brit! Your first real one just the two of you as a family! I know you'll still enjoy it!! Wish you were here but can't wait to chat on Xmas about our days and the NYE party sounds super fun!

Love you Brittles :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!