Wednesday, December 8, 2010

1 Mile Down, 12.1 More To Go

Remember when I talked about losing 20 pounds here?  Well I did it for about a week and then got sick, super sick.  I was sick for at least a week and a half with a pretty bad cold.   I am doing much better now, thanks!  I was determined to keep off the 3 pounds I lost while I was sick and I am happy to report that I have!  17 more to go.

This past weekend a few friends came over to celebrate my promotion.  The wives were talking about running and how we all would like to run a Half Marathon in 2011.  I have always been interested in doing one just have never followed through with it.  After doing lots of research I read that you need to be able to run 3-miles non-stop.  Once you complete this you can start training for the 13.1 miles.  So I have a new goal to add to my fitness list:
Run 3 miles consistently by January 15.

I also got the N!ke Freerun shoes featured on Oprah'$ favorite things.  They are amazing.  I love them.  
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!