Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stuck


Do you ever feel like your life is standing still while everyone around you is passing you by?  

In the past 6 weeks my three best friends have had big life changes.  One bought a house, one had a baby and one found her niche when transferring to her dream college.  I am truly excited for them, but I am ready for something new for us. 

I think about how different our life would have been if M went into Finance or we stayed in Georgia.  We would have everything we could ever want and need, but I know he would be miserable!  In my heart I know we are making the right decision, but sometimes it is hard.  

Yesterday was icing on the cake for me.  I read a lot of film blogs to stay up to date with what is going on in the industry.  Seth R0gan is producing and staring in a new film.  The concept is something that M created an outline for years ago.  Now this means 1 of 3 things. 

1. Seth saw M’s outline {kidding}
2. Conscience  
3. M has good ideas! This is the 3rd idea that has been made into a movie or TV show.

 I choose to believe #3.  I am not saying this to toot my husbands horn, but obviously he has skills or he wouldn’t have been nominated for a Student Oscar or won the Best Director award for the Director’s Guild of America for his student project.  He has met with agents and they like his reel, but have all told him to come back once he makes a feature.  Well, how are you going to make a feature with no money?  This is the on going cycle. One day it would be nice to wake up and have a husband who loves what he is doing with his life.

We have built a wonderful life together, I have a job that I love and a family that loves and supports us no matter what.  I am forever grateful for my adorable husband and the journey this has/will take us on.  I apologize if this comes off as a bitch fest; I just needed to vent.  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!