Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes

It is just me or does it seem like the majority of the starlets hit it out of the ball park last night with there dresses?! 


NUDE AND IMPROVED: Nobody pulls off a red carpet number quite like supermodel Heidi Klum.
My favorite look of the night!

BEST: SHAILENE WOODLEY - Newcomer Shailene Woodley, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in 'The Descendants,' looks effortless elegant and age-appropriate in this shimmering gown.
Such a sweet dress for her age

FISHTAILS: Supermodel and presenter Elle Macpherson glows in a tiered cream confection.
When I saw Elle I told Marco I want to look like her when I am her age.  He said that would be fine.



RED HOT: Reese Witherspoon looks ravishing in a curve-hugging Zac Posen.
Reese looks sexy, something she doesn't do often.



HERE COMES THE SUN: They don't call them the Golden Globes for nothing! Diane Lane glitters in a sparkly gold confection.
Love Diane Lane

PURPLE REIGN: Best Supporting Actress winner Octavia Spencer looks like anything but 'The Help' in this lilac Tadashi Shoji.
I thought she looked beautiful.  The dress really complements her curves.

PURPLE REIGN: Jessica Alba shows off her incredible post-baby body in a bejeweled Gucci gown.
Beautiful

NUDE AND IMPROVED: Charlize Theron, who is nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy for her work in 'Young Adults' takes the plunge in a low-cut Dior gown and sparky headband.
Fashion Forward yet Classic Hollywood

NUDE AND IMPROVED: Kate Beckinsale smolders in a cream Cavalli.
I feel like I have seen this before on her, regardless she is beautiful.

NUDE AND IMPROVED: Nicole Kidman looks better than ever in this curve-hugging beaded Versace.
Love it!

A few I wasn't loving...


BEST: LEA MICHELE - 'Glee' star Lea Michele looked like a silver dream in a slinky, embroidered Marchesa illusion dress.
It just felt like too much, very Kim Kardashian like.

WORST: MADONNA - While Madonna took home the award for Best Original Song for 'Masterpiece,' from her directorial debut 'W.E.,' the icon disappointed in a cluttered Reem Acra gown. She did however, get the night's biggest laughs upon accepting her award, joking, 'If I’m still like a virgin, Ricky, then why don’t you come over here and do something about it?'
She is so annoying.  Get over yourself.

BEST: DIANNA AGRON - Fashionista Dianna Agron nails this daring Giles dress with laser-cut swans.
It looks like she has dragons on her chest.

WORST: JESSICA BIEL - She may be engaged to one of the hottest young stars in Hollywood, but Justin Timberlake's fiancé Jessica Biel looks like she hit the red carpet in her grandma's wedding dress.
3rd boob action going on

TWO-TONED: Angelina Jolie channeled Old Hollywood glamor in a white Versace gown with red accents.
They drive me nuts.  She looks so cold.



NUDE AND IMPROVED: 'Parks and Recreation' star Amy Poehler may not have won for Best Actress in a Television Comedy, but she glows nonetheless in a golden short-sleeved gown.
Not loving the sleeve length on this gown

NUDE AND IMPROVED: 'Bridesmaids' star and Best Actress in a Comedy nominee Kristen Wiig opts for a flesh-toned plunging look.
I think I would have liked this more if her hair color didn't wash her out so much.

So tell me who was your best dressed? worst dressed? did you love the trends? 


{Photo Credits}
post signature

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Madonna and Jessica Biel's dresses were yuck to me. I love Jessica ALbas!! Like amazing.

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

I agree about Madonna- she is so full of herself! And poor Jessica Biel...that was absolutely terrible!

Also, I saw on twitter you live like 3 blocks from the hotel? I am SO coming over for the next award show! haha

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!