Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Facebook Trend


I keep seeing this reoccurring theme on Facebook.  Girls who I have gone to high school and college with who have gotten married, divorced and aren't even 30 yet.  This makes me sad for them.  I am  intrigued as to why this happened.  Were they in love with the idea of having a wedding?  Did they marry someone who turned out to be leading a secret life?  Did they realize how much effort it takes to make a marriage work?  Did they want the pretty ring?

MG and I are not the perfect couple.  Some days our best isn't good enough and we end up fighting.  Other days life is wonderful and I can't believe how lucky I am.  We each have flaws and neither one of us is perfect, but we do our best, which is all I can ask for.

post signature

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Totally agree with this. It's sad and as a single late 20-something a bit scary... I think it's a combination of wanting a wedding, feeling like it's what they should do next, and having no idea who they are and what they stand for.

Jodie said...

I absolutely agree with you on this!! I see it on my Facebook, too. I have a friend that just got married last year and already going through the Big D. So so sad!

http://jodie-rae.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!