Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday: For the past few days LA has had some beautiful weather {except Saturday}.  It has made me realize how much I am ready for spring/summer!  Friday night I went for a jog by the beach before heading home.  I had to share a picture with you.

That night we headed out for Mexican, which was just okay:( and then to a friends bday party at this cool lounge called Bar Food off of Wilshire.  It was great to see all our friends.  Corey and I talked each others heads off.  I seriously adore this girl!

Saturday: I slept in until 11 AM!  This never happens.  Normally I am up at 8:30 trying to get Marco to start the day.  Most of the time I fail miserably.  Once I was up I worked out to a Core Fusion DVD.  My sister recommended them to me.  She loves them and has seen amazing results in a short amount of time.  They are similar to Barre classes, which I love, so I thought what the heck, I will give them a try.  Boy were my legs sore within hours of the workout.  Being sore after a workout is one of my favorite things.  Next up was lunch and a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I don't know about you, but MAG and I LOVE shopping at BBB.  We could spend crazy $$$ in there buying just about everything.  After our shopping excursion we headed home to watch some College Basketball. Both of the teams I was rooting for lost. Bummer. MAG's brother, Taylor, arrived that night from Alpharetta to stay with us for his Spring Break.  He came out last year and we had such an amazing time together.  He is a really cool kid.  For dinner we headed to his sisters, Allie's.  They live in Brentwood Village, walking distance to this awesome Italian kitchen called Maria's.  We ordered take-out and had a really nice evening.  

Sunday: Hiking is becoming one of my favorite things to do when it is nice outside.  Before we left for our Malibu hiking excursion I had to walk to the Farmer's Market and Bagel Shop.  I heart Sunday mornings!  If you are ever looking for a spot to hike in Malibu with 3 waterfalls you have to go here.  MAG and I have hiked this trail before and loved it so we wanted to bring Taylor here.  This time we hiked above the waterfall.  It was insane.  Something that I never thought I would do because we were literally rock climbing.  The movie 127 Hours was replaying in my head.  Now that we are safe and sound I don't think that it was a good idea for us to be as adventurous as we were.  I can't wait to show you the pictures.  Here is one I took on my iphone.  
On top of the waterfalls looking over the Malibu Canyon to the Pacific

How was your weekend?  Is it bad that I am already looking forward to this weekend?!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!