Friday, September 30, 2011

When In A Time Of Need

Disclaimer: These are solely my opinions, I am not trying to force them on anyone else.

My parents belong to North Point Community Church.  They have been members there since I was a sophomore in high school.  At the time I was at the rebellion stage and had no interest in going to church with them.  I was raised Episcopalian and attended church every Sunday growing up.  Before I moved, I would attend church with my parents sporadically and think that it was awesome, but it was never anything I would attend on my own.  None of my friends in college/post-college were into that sort of "thing."

Lately I have been feeling a little empty inside.  At first I thought it was mainly because my girlfriends lives were changing without me.  To be honest this does have a little to do with it, but what I have realized over the past few months I have had no one to help guide me on my path besides myself and MG.

For awhile now I have been thinking about NPCC and their podcasts.  I have never made the time to listen to them until today {my car is in the shop}.  This is exactly what I have been missing in my life.

Andy Stanley is the pastor.  He is so charismatic, passionate and animated when he speaks you can't help but want to listen.  I started with the Road to Recovery series.  I have only listened to the first message, but it is exactly what I needed to hear.  I feel that MG and I are at a point in our life where we can make even better decision to benefit us down the road.  We just need to stay true to who we are and our values.  I think what I love the most about his message is how he incorporates real life issues with the words from the bible.  If you are ever feeling a little bit lost I would highly recommend checking out the podcasts.  For the rest of the day you can find me cleaning our apartment and crafting while listening to Andy Stanley:)

One more minor note: Go Gators!

Have a wonderful weekend:)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!