Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I am Loving: Cabo

How perfect that WILW falls on the day of my Cabo recap.  Just perfection:)  I am in a pretty giddy mood today for some reason, not sure why, but I will take it!

We left for Cabo on Saturday morning bright and early.  LAX was a clusterf***!  We seriously thought we were going to miss our flight but some how the airport gods graced us with their presents.  We arrived at our gate just as they were starting to board.  It was really a close call.  Everyone on the plane was all smiles, duh?! We are heading to Mexico-everyone should be happy:)  After a quick 2 hour flight we landed, were picked up and dropped off at our hotel.  It was beautiful, just like the website.  We stopped for a quick bite to eat and then headed to our room.  It was HUGE! About 200 sq ft bigger than our apartment.  It made me really want double sinks and a walk in closet-one day.

Going to dinner on our first night!

The view from our hotel room.  The hotel was pretty much empty the entire time we were there.

We spent most of the week lounging by the pool, relaxing, drinking and just hanging out.  On Monday we decided to venture into town and check it out.  {I wanted to stock up on pottery and silver jewelry}.  It was HOT!  I wasn't prepared for how hot it would be, but after I complained for a few minutes my negative Nancy attitude was cured with a margarita or two.
My Obsession-Mexican Tile

My new friend

A tequila sunrise to match my dress

Margaritas and Nachos on the beach at noon.  Perfect vacation!

Celebrating all the Tequila we bought with drinks at Cabo Wabo.  MG is half Mexican so we had to come home with one or three authentic bottles :)

 On Tuesday we scheduled an excursion to go kayaking and snorkeling near the arch.  Honestly, I was a little nervous, but I ended up LOVING it!  Kayaking is my new favorite thing.  We went snorkeling off of Lover's Beach.  Honestly, it was okay.  I told MG that I have retired.  If you are planning on going to Cabo and looking to do an excursion while you are there I would highly recommend this one.

Cabo 11 B+M on Lover's Beach

Me standing between two rocks on Lover's Beach

Husband and Wife

On our last night we traveled back into town {our hotel was about 20 minutes north of Los Cabos} for a romantic dinner on the beach.  It was the perfect way to spend our last evening.  We dined at Baja Cantina {which is ironic because our favorite Mexican place in LA has the same name}.  It was perfection watching the sunset, listening to the band play, toes in the sand and the perfect margarita.  It was by far the best night we had there.
Us at dinner on our last night:(

We are planning to go back, hopefully in the next year or two.  When we do we are going to rent a condo in town.  We went during their off-season so it was pretty empty which we liked.  Twice a week the cruise ships dock for the day and then it goes back to being a small, quiet town.  If you have any questions please let me know.  We really fell in love with this place, but not our hotel.  The rooms were nice and the pool/ocean area was great.  The food was AWFUL!  We would never stay there again because of it.

 We have totally been bitten by the travel bug and its bad! More on our up coming trips soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!