Friday, May 6, 2011

Part I: My Wedding Weekend is Complete Now That I Have Met Giget!

Happy Friday Ya'll!  I am thrilled the weekend is just a few short hours away.  I am still recovering from lack of sleep last weekend while being home for Mel's wedding.

I left last Wednesday on the red-eye.  It was my first one and I still can't make up my mind if I loved or hated it. I sat next to a guy, we made small talk and I thought he was pretty cool.  He told me he had season floor seats to the Lakers right behind our company seats and he is a writer/producer for TV.  I hyped up MAG, traded info and he said to forwarded him his reel.  When we landed I decided to IMDB him to see what projects he has worked on.  Much to my surprise he had two credits!  That is it!  For about 5 minutes I felt like an idiot for giving him my phone number and email and then realized I am way to trusting!  Oh when I googled him he had a complaint for being a con-man.  Awesome!

After getting my bags I hopped on MARTA and watched the sunrise.  It was so peaceful looking out the windows and seeing all the greenery and trees.  My sister, Rebecca, picked me up at the station and we headed to her boyfriends family racing shop to get his truck.  She was nice enough to let me use her car for the weekend and she borrowed his truck.


What was my first order of business before some sleep? Chick-Fil-A of course!  There is nothing like a CFA breakfast.  They seriously have the best fast food ever!  After a couple hours of sleep my mom took a half day from work and we headed to my favorite pizza place, Mellow Mushroom and then to The Forum, an our door shopping mall.  I scored at JCrew with 2 dress drastically marked down {two things to cross off my list!} and a pair of booties from White House Black Market.  Later that afternoon my mother in law wanted to surprise me with my bday gift early.  She knows I have been running a lot and wanted to get me a pair of custom shoes. The idea was great until we go to the store and realized they didn't make custom shoes.  They have you run and film it to see what kind of support you need.  It ended up that I wear the right shoes for me, so it wasn't a total bust!  For dinner my parents, Rebecca and I headed to The Alpine Trattoria.  The food was AMAZING!  The bread was to die for.  For dinner I had grilled salmon, asparagus and spinach orzo pasta with red peppers.  There deserts are unreal too.  {For the Alpharetta locals, they have made the cakes and pies for Ippolitos for years.}  We shared a piece Oreo cake.  Yummy!  After dinner it was FINALLY time for bed.  This made me very happy:)


Friday morning was a day that I think some Americans were anticipating more than some of the British folk-THE ROYAL WEDDING!  Yes, I was one of those people who woke up early to watch.  I went over to my in-laws house to watch with my mother in law.  She took the day off for this royal event.  We oohed and awwed over everything.  I am so happy that we got to watch it together and I know she is too.  After the two royal kisses I had to book it home and get ready for the Bridal Luncheon at the Swan Coach House in Buckhead.  It was so wonderful to see everyone and be with Melissa before her big day.  She got us the most adorable aprons and kitchen stuff as our gifts.  I don't have any pictures from this:(  They are on Mel's camera.  Later that afternoon we met at the hotel by the reception/ceremony site and when out for happy hour.



I have to get some work done now, I will be back later this afternoon or this weekend with a recap of THE {other royal} WEDDING!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!