Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Late San Francisco Treat

I am an idiot.  I completely forgot to recap my San Francisco trip we took over a month ago.  I would blame it on pregnancy brain, but I am not pregnant so that won’t work.

November 18 we headed up to San Francisco for Marco’s 30th Birthday celebration.  I had never been and M had only been once.  This trip was perfect.  I fell in love with SF and can’t wait to go back again.

Friday morning we woke up early and headed to LAX.  We flew Virgin and it was awesome.  I wish they flew to AtlantaL Our hotel was in Nob Hill which was the perfect location.  Before we left a work friend of mine gave us the run down of must dos while we were there from a locals perspective.  It was so nice to have this cheat sheet to get the true feel for the city.  

Starting the flight off right!

Pretty much the best text ever!

Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived so we left our bags and started walking.  It was sprinkling, of course, but I loved it.  In LA it rarely rains, so I embraced it.  We headed to the Warft through Chinatown.  The first todo on the agenda was Clam Chowder.  We headed to Boudin and it was delish!  At lunch we go the call our room was ready so we slowly made our way back to the hotel.  Our room was amazing!  We had a view of the Financial District and the water.  Perfection!
Golden Gate Bridge during the rain

Hills!

Alcatraz after the rain

View from our hotel room

Another view

Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread bowl-yes please!


Later that night we took a car to the Marina district to the Tipsy Pig.  The food was wonderful and the atmosphere reminded me of an Abercrombie catalog.

If you go here you must try the Chicken Pot Pie!

I wish M was smiling:(

The first day was a total success.  Day two and three coming up next!

post signature

3 comments:

J and A said...

Looks like a great trip, I have always wanted to go. Great way to start off the trip too, that's my style! :)

Ashley said...

looks like you had fun! I love that city!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I love visiting San Fran.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!