Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lots and Lots of Books


Photo Credit Unknown
One of my new years resolutions has been to read more.  My goal for the year was 12 book, but in January I read seven.  This is extremely odd since it has taken me over a year to get half way through Gone With the Wind and I have no plans on finishing it anytime soon.  

I like Fifty Shades of Grey type books, romantic, passionate, makes you curl your toes type books.  I have been on the hunt to find a couple who I can adore as much as I do Christian and Ana.  I’ve had some hits and some misses.


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Absolutely loved this book!  It is great for a beach read.  This story is told from the POV of the female lead.  In the spring, the author is releasing the same story from the male leads POV.  I can’t wait to read it. 
Rating: A

Bared to You & Reflected in You by Silvia Day
This and Reflected in You might be my favorites books read in January.  The stories remind me exactly of Fifty Shades so that is why I loved it.  The third book of this series comes out this spring as well.  I can’t wait to see what happens next for this couple.  
Rating: A

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
I enjoyed this story.  It is more of a high school/college type of love story, but it was entertaining.  
Rating: B

Slammed by Colleen Hoover
This book was just okay.  I thought the premise was cute and I enjoyed the character development, but it wasn’t a page turner like I had hoped.  
Rating: C

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
This is the sequel to Slammed.  I wanted to see what happened next to the characters, but I also felt like it fell short.   
Rating: C

Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
When I first started reading this book I hated it.  I was thinking how is the author going to make me like the male lead?  Well, she did and I am about a third of the way through with the second book, Gabriel’s Rapture.  
Rating: B+

Please, please, please let me know if you have any suggestions.  I read of Perez Hilton a new, Fifty type of book comes out this week called, Beautiful Bastard.  What is with that title?!  But of course I will read it.


Photobucket

3 comments:

J and A said...

I have been in a reading rut.. I need summer!!

Laura Darling said...

I'm trying to read more too. Right now I'm reading The Art of Racing in the Rain and it's FANTASTIC!

Danielle said...

I feel like EVERYONE is obsessed with 50 shades type books! I am too because I loved that series. I bought Bared To You but haven't read it yet because I have like 5 other books to read first .... I'll get around to it some day lol.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!