Monday, September 3, 2012

Abode Style Week 1: Where You Live




Welcome to week 1 of Abode Style!
This week we are showing off our living space.
Link up below!


The majority of time spent at home is spent right here on the couch.  This was the first item we bought as a married couple and so far it has served us well!

Couch: Big Al's in North Hollywood
Lamp: Pottery Barn
Pillows: Etsy
Coffee Table: Ikea
When decorating out place it was very important that both M's and my style was represented in our home.
One way we did that was by incorporating Hitchcock posters into our living room.  This made both of us happy!
He got his film stuff and I got out more feminine pillows.

Posters: Amazon
Frames: Aaron Brothers

Opposite the couch is M's "office."

Bookshelf: Ikea
Desk: Crate & Barrel via Craigslist
Lamp: Target
Poster: Amazon
I love how this spot in our apartment turned out!  It is perfect for the wall space.

Hutch: Handmedown
Poster: Posters.com
Frame: Rose Bowl Flea Market
Plates: West Elm
Elephant: HomeGoods
Candle Sticks: From a work event
Tequila Bottles: Mexico

I love our kitchen table!  It is cocktail table style so we can look out the windows on to our street if we like.

Table: Urban Home
S&P Shakers: Jonathan Adler
Candle Stick: Potter Barn
Fruit Bowl: Pottery Barn
Apartment living does have its downfalls, no upgraded appliances in this joint!

This is our entry way when you first walk into our home.
Pinterest & Etsy items galore!

Moose Head: Z Gallerie 
When I first started decorating our bedroom it was white, gray and black.  It needed a pop of color and I think the pillows are the perfect touch.

Bed: Urban Home
Lamps: Home Goods
Night Stands: Urban Home
Curtains: Hand Made, Fabric from Fabric.com
Coverlet: TJ Maxx
Pillows: West Elm & Ikea
Opposite out bed is my try at a photo collage wall.  It looks okay, but works for the time being.

Dresser: Urban Home
Frames: Target

On our dresser I have my everyday jewelry displayed on a silver trey from the Rose Bowl Flea Market.


This is our happy place!  One of the best things about living in LA is the weather.  An apartment with a balcony is a must.

Table: World Market
Chairs: Target
Plants: Nursery down the street
Elephant Pot: Old Town San Diego



Thanks for coming and taking a tour of my home!  
Next week we are showing off our Pinterest/Etsy finds.

Pinned a million things, but haven't started yet? No problem, show us what you can't wait to incorporate into your home one day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

It's only our home for 6 more days, but I'll link up with you! By the way, I LOVE the GA and CA prints you have...I may need to get those myself!

Allie said...

Makes me miss your place :(

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!