Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday, You Are Not My Friend!



What a Monday!  Seriously, I haven't had a day that annoying/awful in a LONG time.  It started Friday morning when my boss put me in charge of an Executive Meeting taking place offsite.  Nothing like a last minute meeting, but whatever, I used to work for a meeting planning company, I can do this.  Friday was crazy, but everything gets done.  I feel good about it.

Fast forward to Monday...I arrive at the meeting location early.  Set everything up and get a call from my boss saying the location has changed.  Okay, "Expect the unexpected," is what I thought to myself.  Everything can be moved across town if need be.  No more than 10 minutes later the location is moved to our headquarters.  Of course after I changed all the deliveries to the new location. Everything ended up going fine, although this seems to be the tone for the week.

As I am driving home on the Santa Monica Freeway, for those of you that don't know it is a pretty busy freeway.  I am going about 60, I press my foot on the gas and my speed starts to drop.  I immediately turn on my flashers and start coasting across 4 lanes of traffic into the shoulder.  I was certain my transmission blew and I was going to be stuck waiting for a tow truck for at least and hour and this weekend we would be forced to get a new car. I called Marco crying mainly because I was scared.  A couple minutes later I turned on my car and it drove home fine.  Now I am scared to drive my car.  We are taking it to the shop this week.  My car is 12 years old and is starting to become more of a hassle than what it is worth.

On top of that I have been in a sour mood about M's career out here.  Why does it have to be so hard?!  Honestly I am not like this all the time.  I am going to blame this bad day on PMS.  Here is to being optimistic and thinking the week can only get better...right?!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

Ugh that does sound like a sucky Monday! Sometimes ya just need to vent about it! I hope this week takes a turn for the better for you!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Luckily Monday is over and you can have the best Tuesday ever!!

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Ashley Slater said...

I would DIE if my car did that on the freeway....any freeway much less in LA TRAFFIC! Oh my gosh, I would be crying too! and hyperventilating!

we need skype/wine soon! maybe a quick one thursday night? I MISS YOU!

Jessica said...

wow sounds like you had a crazy monday!! Hopefully tuesday is better day for you.

xoxo
Jessica

Stephanie said...

Oh lady...what a day! I am so sorry!! Wine always helps!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. You drink that glass (or 2 or 3) of wine and unwind. You're right, things will get better. Tomorrow's already Wednesday. :)

Happy seeing beautiful!
http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!