Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CorePower Yoga

I hate to compare myself to someone who's job it is to be fit, but  she looks good and yoga {+ running} is how she got there!


Last night for the first time I tired hot yoga.  For the past 6 months I have been trying to work-up the courage to attend a class.  You see, taking fitness classes in LA can be intimidating for a newbie like me {it was also a great excuse}.  It seems like everyone is in shape, active and good looking.  I guess it is the nature of the beast? 

I am not in great shape; I could use to lose about 20 or so pounds.  When I tell M this he looks at me like I am crazy. The truth is when I am in clothes I think I look fine, but when I am naked it is a whole other story.  I hate the giggle on my arms, the way my inner thighs touch, the soft belly, the butt that needs to be lifted just a little

After month and months of debating if “this will be the week.”  I finally just did it and boy am I glad I did.  It was hot, hard, intense, wonderful, fulfilling.
  I kind of kicked myself a little because I wish I had gone sooner.  

I am hoping this becomes part of my lifetyle.  I can't wait to see what my body can do!  

Are you a yogie?  Have you tried it before?  What are your thoughts?

Photobucket

5 comments:

Emily said...

I have yet to try yoga. I think I'd probably like it, but I'm not really into spending a bunch of money on classes right now.

Good for you for biting the bullet and going! Good luck!

Jessie said...

I wish I was good at just regular yoga- I'm not flexible. Don't know how you were able to handle hot yoga I would melt!

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I have always wanted to try hot yoga, but I'm so afraid I will get sick to my stomach from the heat.

Danielle said...

I feel the same way! I want the little bit of fat on my belly and my love handles to disappear forever! I've been doing Ripped in 30 again and i'm about to do day 6 in like, 5 minutes. I've done pilates before, but never yoga. I'd love to try it, and hot yoga, I'm just a little scared for the heat.

Tess said...

Good for you girl! I remember you telling me that you had wanted to give it a try - and I'm glad you finally did. It's not an easy workout so I'm sure you will see some great results.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!