Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh LA

Please ignore the crappy photo-shopping skills:)
This weekend with Marco gone has been interesting.  I have had a lot of time to think about life,  M always says this is dangerous.  Saturday night I started bawling because I have come to the realization that I really don't like living in LA.  Yes, the weather is amazing and the film business is out here, but other than that LA isn't as cool as everyone thinks it is.

It is dirty
There is always traffic
Lots and lots of homeless people
Most roads need work
Housing is expensive
Everything is expensive

We have been out here for almost 4 years {October} and it has been great, but it doesn't feel like home.  I have no attachment to this city.  I can honestly say I have a handful of good friends, but not more than that.  It has been my goal to make friends, but I am not sure where to start.  I am feeling very disconnected.

I could tell you right now that I would love to move back to Atlanta, get a house in Virginia Highlands, re-connect with all my old friends, have weekly dinners with family, spend time with my sisters, watch my friends raise their kids and maybe start a family sooner rather than later.  Honestly this sounds amazing to me, but I know we need to be here for M.  Never ever did I think I would ever feel this way.  It is such a catch-22.  I know moving home won't be perfect, but right about now it doesn't sound that bad.

Sorry for the downer post for a Monday.  I promise I have more exciting things in store for you later this week!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Ashley Slater said...

I know church really isn't you and marco's thing but I think you would find some great people to connect with if you gave it a shot. I am thinking about you! and hoping things work out-- maybe marco can work from atlanta? Isn't it a pretty big city where he could network with people? Or is LA it for him??? hang in there!

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

You know I know exactly how you feel! I'm sorry you got so upset...after us talking about it all day I felt the same way and was talking with Doug a lot about it this weekend. It's such a hard place to be-trying to support your husband but also aching to be somewhere else. At least I have you, who completely understands it! Call me anytime you need to! :)

Chelsea said...

Ohhh this post sounds so familiar! I have definitely been in your shoes before and know that it's not easy. Except, I ended up moving back home to the DC area where there's too much traffic, housing is expensive and everything is expensive. The grass definitely isn't greener but it was nice to move back and re-group and visit with all my loved ones again.

I can't believe you guys have almost been there for 4 years! I'm excited to see where your journey takes you and hang in there, friend!! :)

Jessie said...

I know what you mean, there is nothing like home, home is where the heart is. Not sure what your husband does but is there anyway he can transfer? Or maybe you set a goal to move back to the East coast in a year or so. That way you can make sure you're making the right decision based on what's right for you two and not on emotion.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!