Thursday, August 18, 2011

Being an Assistant

Never in a million years did I think I would be an assistant when I went to college.  Little did I know what was in store for me 5 years after I graduated college?  I am an assistant, but not just any type of assistant, I have the title as Executive Assistant.{Please note the sarcastic tone}.

When I started off at my current company I was a receptionist.  MG and I had just moved from GA to LA and I needed a job desperately.  Was it what I wanted to do? Nope, but it was a foot in the door and I took it.  I made a good impression on the owners & HR and after 2 years of answering the phones, dealing with samples/vendors and other random acts HR said they had the perfect position for me, an EA.  At first I was less than thrilled, I think we have all seen The Devil Wears Prada!

Here I am 9 months into it and I couldn't be more happy with my professional career.  My boss is amazing in every sense of the word.  He believes in work-life balance, takes MG and I to Lakers games, sends me flowers for my bday and he trusts me.  We have built such a great relationship and I am so thankful I took the position. Yesterday the Director of HR called me and said she had taken a vote on who has the best job in the company and I won because of who I work for.  What a complement!
I don't ALWAYS feel this way, but most days I do think that I am pretty lucky!
post signature

1 comment:

Jax said...

You go girl! I say you do what makes you happy! I mean, here I am with a law degree doing communications work. And love it. And I have two friends who are EA's and LURVE it! There's so much less in a title than in the actual work and happiness, fulfillment that comes with it.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!