Monday, August 15, 2011

Lazy Weekend I Miss You


I love lazy, no real plan weekends.  Even though nothing gets accomplished it is nice to just be at home and chill.  

Friday night I came home and immediately headed to my closet.  For weeks I had been procrastinating on cleaning out my closet, but I just couldn’t take it any more.  I have too many clothes-gasp! I know.  But for real I have a ton.  When I was at my previous position at my company I made friends with the VP of Buying and she gave me bags upon bags of clothes.  One time I walked out with 10 winter coats which retail at $250+.  Spoiled-yes!  The downside of free clothes is not having a place to put everything and being constantly overwhelmed.  Friday night I put an end to this and finally cleaned out my closet.  Half the pile has been donated to Goodwill and the other half will be sent to my sisters.  They have no idea this big box is coming!
A girl can dream for a closet like this, right?

Saturday night we saw The Help.  It was soooo good!  I was bawling at the end.  It was such an emotional story.  I thought the director did an amazing job capturing the true essence and feel of the book.  The casting director did an unbelievable job.  Minny and Mrs. Foote were cast perfectly and Brice Dallas Howard was the ultimate mean girl.  She played it so well.  If I had a nanny growing up I would want it to be Abileen {Viola Davis} hands down.  Emma Stone was great.  She is such a great talent in Hollywood. I am glad she is  getting plenty of roles.

Sunday I slept in, stayed in my PJ’s until 3 PM and then we ventured to the mall and grocery store.  Trader Joe’s is my new favorite place.  We have always shopped there a little bit, but not done our full shopping there.  Times have changed.  It is now our main grocery store.  I am obsessed.  
This is pretty much my favorite thing there.  It taste like candy!

How was your weekend?! Did you do anything fun?

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did a closet clean out a few weeks ago too. Sounds like you had a fabulous clothes hook-up at your last job!

I can't wait to see The Help!

Britt said...

Since we have the same name, I am assuming we wear the same size. Feel free to send me your unwanted clothes :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!