Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A failure


The "NEY" Sisters
2007

This one is hard because who really likes talking about their failures in life.  One of my biggest regrets is how I treated my friends when M and I first started dating.  He very quickly became my world.  All I wanted to do was spend time with him and I left my friends on the way side.  

There is one friendship that sticks out in my mind particularly.  Courtney and I met in pre-school and were instantly inseparable.  We would spend the night at each others house, go on vacations together when we got older, our lives were very intertwined even though we didn't go to the same school.  Some of my favorite childhood memories are with her.  When M and I started dating Court was now not a priority.  Over the next few years we drifted in and out of each other's lives and ultimately our friendship fizzled out shortly after college.  We are still friends on Facebook, but it's a really pathetic comparison when you are talking about someone who you've known since you were 3 years old.   


If I could go back in time I would have put the energy into our friendship.  We live across the country from one another, but there is no reason why we can't still be in each other's lives.  
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kasey Lynne said...

I've totally been there and that's one of my biggest regrets too.
BUT, if they're a real friend, they will forgive you and give you another chance to let you prove that the friendship means a lot to you.

Chris, I.e., Mom said...

Hopefully your paths will cross in another phase of life. Tam and I went about 6 years or without even talking. You certainly had fun together; wonderful memories.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Hope you are having a beautiful day!